|Product Lines > Discontinued Products > HCA-1205A 5 Channel Amplifier:|
John Curl brings his talents to home theater with this remarkable five channel amplifier. The results are extraordinary. Dialog is crisp. Explosions are magnificent. Exceeds stringent Home THX Ultra guidelines -- your assurance that your movies are the experience the director intended. Conservatively rated at a continuous 140 watts and 45 amps peak current on each channel.
- Circuitry designed by John Curl
- THX Ultra-certified
- Direct Coupled -- no capacitors or inductors in signal path
- DC Servo and relay protection circuits
- High bias Class A/AB operation
- 1.6 kVA Toroid power transformer with independent secondary windings for each channel, 100,000 µF power supply filter capacitance
- Independent power supplies for each channel
- Input stages use hand matched complementary JFETs
- 30 beta-matched 15 amp, 50 MHz bipolar output transistor
- AC present, standby/normal, current overload indicators
- Rear mounted gain controls and rear handles
- 12 volt DC automatic turn-on circuitry; ground lift switch
- Tiffany-style RCA input jacks
- Gold-plated 5 way speaker binding posts
- Custom designed removable IEC AC cord
- 3 rack space height front panel
- Rack mounting adapter available
Power Output - Each Channel:
140 watts RMS x 5, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 Ω;
200 watts RMS x 5, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 4 Ω
45 amperes peak per channel
- Slew Rate:
5 Hz - 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB at 1 watt
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
< 0.03 % at full power; < 0.01 % typical levels
- IM Distortion:
< 0.03 %
- Dynamic Headroom:
> 1.5 dB
- Interchannel Crosstalk:
> 80 dB at 1 kHz
> 60 dB at 20 kHz
- Input Impedance:
33 k Ω
- Input Sensitivity:
1 V for 28.28 V, THX Reference Level; 1.2 V for full output
- S/N Ratio:
> 117 dB, full power; > 96 dB, THX Reference Level
- Damping Factor:
> 800 at 20 Hz Power Consumption: 1500 watts
w 17 1/4" x h 5 1/4" x d 19", h 6" with feet
- Net Weight:
- Where should I set the volume controls on the back of my amp?
Under normal conditions you should turn them all the way to allow full power output from your amp. However, if you need to match the volume output of one of our stereo amps with another brand (BiAmping) you could adjust them accordingly.
- What does the "A" stand for at the end of the model name?
Auto-turn on. It means these amplifiers have 12V triggers that allow a preamp to activate them remotely. Some kind of triggering device is necessary for 12V activation.
- What is the difference between the HCA-2205A and the HCA-2205AT?
The faceplate (and some necessary chassis modifications) is all we changed. The internal electronics are identical. Sorry, we can not modify "A" versions to "AT".